The important thing to remember is that it is the journey that counts, not the destination..

"Most of our lives are a series of images, they pass us by like towns on a highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever."-Lucas Eugene Scott [One Tree Hill, Season Three]

My posts will be about life, influenced by all the moments and memories that inspire, challenge and touch me..

Saturday, December 24, 2011

A glimpse of time...

I love those moments that remind you or seem to transport you back to a moment, feeling or memory from your past. I had a moment like this last night. I was at my best friend's house, we had plans to hangout following dinner (which he was shouting as a trade off to me as I was wrapping Sam's Christmas presents as he doesn't like to wrap)..
We ate dinner, and proceeded to have a few drinks and watch the Mighty Boosh. As I wrapped presents.

After I finished -and they looked fabulous, if I do say so! We began talking about high school and funny moments with friends, then we began (as our conversations often go) to talk about music. During the last two years of high school we loved a band called the Common Code, Sam had his guitar out and had been playing some music and we began trying to remember how the songs went. Sam pulled his old iPod out and put the songs on, it was like been transported back through time...I felt how I did when I met Sam for the first time and when I saw this band live. Moments stunning us as they happen, and like that quote from One Tree Hill (appears under my blog heading) those moments had lived on and I was able to live it and feel it all over again.

When life was sometimes simpler, no real responsibility, school was the epicentre of our life and the people we shared it with meant everything. Take notice of those moments, they are more than just memories ...its a visit back to a time you loved, or a lesson you learnt, or maybe a reminder that what you have with someone - that connection, ease, friendship- is something wonderful. And as I'm hoping, in my situation, that the connection and friendship continues to run through time and provide many more moments where that relationship was enjoyed, strengthened or grew.

Live to the full, you never know what may become significant to you, when you look back in years to come.
K, Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment