The important thing to remember is that it is the journey that counts, not the destination..

"Most of our lives are a series of images, they pass us by like towns on a highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever."-Lucas Eugene Scott [One Tree Hill, Season Three]

My posts will be about life, influenced by all the moments and memories that inspire, challenge and touch me..

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Male Best Friend

As I have written before having a close friend/s is so important ...someone to go through life with or be there to support each other when life kicks back hard.

I must admit I have a few of these friends... but one lately has really stood out. One of my best male friends, S*and ihave been friends for five years and met during year 11 in high school. There have been ups and downs but what has resulted is this beautiful, honest, supportive and loving friendship. It's really quite special.
We are the kind of friends where you feel more like family than friends (and we're that loyal too). He calls me his Sis, and for me he is like the older brother I never had, or the twin I used to wish I had. We have each other's backs and are always there to pick the other one up when they are down. We've survived illness, death and two breakups. Plus many more of the various lows life hits you with. We have also celebrated many highs like important birthdays, new relationships or exciting crushes, new jobs and other achievements and highs.

Lately since this year has brought an end to the relationships we were both in, our latest mission has been to be each others wingman or wingwoman. ;) it can be really fun and we honestly just want to see each other happy.
People tend to think a guy and a girl cannot 'just be friends ' but you definitely can ...I think opposite sex friendships are important, they have a different vibe to friendships between girls, a fresh perspective. I highly recommended it but you can't have a successful one if you're secretly hoping for a sexual or romantic relationship ...it works for us because we don't seek that from each other, we think each other are good people who deserve someone special but for us it's just friends.

From the outside to others it may just look like an ordinary friendship but to us it is really special,we have each others backs and I look forward to being his best friend for the rest of our lives.
"A true friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world is walking out"

No comments:

Post a Comment