The important thing to remember is that it is the journey that counts, not the destination..

"Most of our lives are a series of images, they pass us by like towns on a highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever."-Lucas Eugene Scott [One Tree Hill, Season Three]

My posts will be about life, influenced by all the moments and memories that inspire, challenge and touch me..

Friday, December 2, 2011

for marriage equality

 This is an issue I am really passionate about. Please visit the links (another one at bottom of page).
                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TBd-UCwVAY
I believe that if two people love each other then they deserve to have their feelings and commitment to each other recognised. It should not matter if the couple is male and female, male and male or female and female. It's all about love and human connection, wanting to find that person who you want to spend the rest of your life with... that shouldn't be something that is considered a right only for heterosexual couples.

The sanctity of marriage will be improved if anything-it's about love. Considering the current divorce rate I do not think that it could seriously be said that heterosexual couples are on the whole upholding it. I myself am not gay but have many gay friends, I'd love to be able to attend their weddings and celebrate their love the way I have with other friends .

Everyone should be facing or determining their own opinions on this important issue. This weekend, in Australia the labor party are meeting to discuss important issues such as this one.. it is expected either a conscience vote or an amendment to the Marriage Act will take place.

I hope these politicians serioulsy consider making marriage equal for all and stop this discrimination. At school and through my family's upbringing I learnt that discrimination and bullying are wrong, everyone deserves the right to be free..so why give such a conflicting example to children, the public of Australia and the world?
If it comes to a vote- I am FOR Marriage Equality. As the youtube video from getup! states, It's Time...

K, Xx. (Have your say Australia: http://www.australianmarriageequality.com/laborconference/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment