The important thing to remember is that it is the journey that counts, not the destination..

"Most of our lives are a series of images, they pass us by like towns on a highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever."-Lucas Eugene Scott [One Tree Hill, Season Three]

My posts will be about life, influenced by all the moments and memories that inspire, challenge and touch me..

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Kooklah- An Introduction

I started this blog as a way of putting my opinions and my viewpoint out to the world.
To have a voice.
I think it will also be incredibly useful in working out how I feel about something -whether a global issue, a personal problem or just an idea. I am hoping that what will develop will be a clear indication of my own values. I am also hoping that what I write will reach, inspire or motivate someone. Something that may pick someone up when they are down, start the day with a bang or make them think. I want to write about life-my experiences, my hopes and dreams but I will also be writing about issues I think are important. I welcome comments, questions and ideas. I am well aware that not everyone will agree with my views, but as I say- if we were all the same and no one was different, how boring would that be?

So I think, to start, alittle about me. I am in my early 20s, I am an older sister to two siblings. I love my family. I am loyal to 'my people'...of course this includes my family but this group also includes my friends. I love the saying that friends are the family we choose for ourselves, I think this is so true. There are those friends who you mesh your life with, who you cannot remember a time when it wasn't the way it is now, friends who seem to be in your most vivid memories, who you feel like you know them almost as well as you know yourself.

I went to university and work in the health profession and love my job, and next year will be starting in a position in emergency. I am so thrilled, this is exactly what I want to do. I can't wait for the challenge and motivation I know this new position will bring. Loving your job is so important.

I love-live-breathe music- I have to listen to it everyday, I enjoy going to packed out concerts, the occasional festival or pub/small crowd gigs. Music and its lyrics have always been a way to help me through difficult times in my life and to heighten the celebration of the good. I recently bought a book that is called 'Music Listography, your life in (play) lists', which under the various headings on its 159 pages you can add the songs that are relevant to those headings (songs to play at your funeral, songs you dance to, songs that pick you up), forming your own personal soundtrack. Which is so amazing.

I love to dance, go out with my friends, drink cocktails, clothes/styling/fashion (check out my fashion blog if you do too http://forthestyleseekinggirl.blogspot.com/), to watch movies and read, going on holidays, Melbourne (where I holidayed this year and a few times previously) and cannot wait to explore Europe. I enjoy playing cards with friends and love to write. I have written short stories and am aiming to complete a novel-which has been a long drawn out process. I am against rascism and discrimination and for equality of all people no matter their age, gender, race or sexuality.

Enjoying the beautiful gardens in Melbourne...

No comments:

Post a Comment