The important thing to remember is that it is the journey that counts, not the destination..

"Most of our lives are a series of images, they pass us by like towns on a highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever."-Lucas Eugene Scott [One Tree Hill, Season Three]

My posts will be about life, influenced by all the moments and memories that inspire, challenge and touch me..

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Memories

Memory is a very powerful thing. If you're like me you hold important memories close. This could be favourite moments you have had, with people you'll never forget or it could be
moments that shocked you, teaching you a lesson...acting as a reminder of what loss, hurt or embarrassment can feel like. My memories are so important to me...and I will tell you why. When I was 16, I lost my best friend.

She was the most amazing person. Bright, bubbly, funny, vivacious, kind, intelligent, confident and fun-loving. Brooke had the world at her feet. She lived life to the full yearning to experience all it had to offer, whilst offering the world everything of herself also. I know she would have achieved greatness, success at whatever she decided to pursue. We lost Brooke tragically and suddenly to an awful illness. It was shocking, heartwrenching and painful. My whole life got picked up and turned upside down. Every emotion I had was ten-fold. It is honestly the worst thing I have ever experienced. No one saw it coming, and although the last conversation we had borders on almost eerie (for want of a better word) as we talked about our favourite memories with each other, told each other we lived each other and see you later...I never got to say goodbye face to face. This used to bother me but now I think that the conversation we had was pretty much perfect ...hopefully she will be someone I see when I die.

We were soulmates, everyone called us twins. Inseparable, always happy to fade into the background to highlight the other or to stand together and shine. I have very fond memories of our time together. Sometimes there are memories I feel I have forgotten, like her laugh or the way she spoke ...but usually that potent a memory is something my subconscious seems to save for when I really need it. When I need some extra motivation or inspiration.

My message to you is try and remember how important and special life is. We should make the most of every moment, live to the full so that not only you have wonderful memories but do for those that you nay leave behind.
"Some people come into our lives and quickly go...some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same..."

K, Xx

*please feel free to comment on any post!

No comments:

Post a Comment