The important thing to remember is that it is the journey that counts, not the destination..

"Most of our lives are a series of images, they pass us by like towns on a highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever."-Lucas Eugene Scott [One Tree Hill, Season Three]

My posts will be about life, influenced by all the moments and memories that inspire, challenge and touch me..

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happiness and Friend



So this year started in an amazing way, I spent New Years Eve on the coast with my cousins (and their friends) and one of my friends. It was very relaxed, beach all day, then getting ready and having a barbeque dinner and drinks. After the fireworks my friend and I danced and drank until the early hours of the morning.

After that I had one week of work left before three weeks holiday prior to starting my new job. With that week complete I went out for dinner and cocktails to begin what I was hoping would be an amazing summer. And it was. I made a new friend, with a girl I had briefly knew in primary school. She is amazing, we have so much in common and I cannot believe that we have not been friends for all of these years. We have so much fun together- our days or nights always turn into an adventure, we are honest with each other and have built a real connection.

I think it is so lovely to be able to connect on such a close level with someone as an adult, when it is younger it can be easier to make friends, but as a young adult the friendships you make can seem even more important. I think this is because you are forming into the person you will essentially be for the rest of your life, wih all your values and morals, interests and dislikes.

In the last few years I have really learnt that the people you surround yourself have a huge influence over how you act, what you do, how happy or positive you are. If people do not add to your happiness, then they should not be a part of your life. You ultimatley are responsible for your own happiness, but I know from experience having friends and family who add to this are so important. So vital.

With my new friend, Maja, life is amazing, we both make each other happy, we celebrate the small special moments and our achievements of our lives as well support each other through trying and difficult times.

We have already experienced so much- love/lust with boys, Ronan Keating concert, smaller gigs, nights out, movies, dvd nights leading into D&Ms and sharing music at 4am, daily talks, sharing of hopes, secrets and fears. We have so much more to go as well.... things like planning a trip to New York, celebrating birthdays and if, in a year our love lives aren't heading this way, moving out together.

"Friends are angels who lift you up when your wings are afraid to fly..."


A Snapshot of my Summer

K, Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment