The important thing to remember is that it is the journey that counts, not the destination..

"Most of our lives are a series of images, they pass us by like towns on a highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever."-Lucas Eugene Scott [One Tree Hill, Season Three]

My posts will be about life, influenced by all the moments and memories that inspire, challenge and touch me..

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Reality TV Love

When I was going through school I was never the biggest fan of reality tv-apart from shows like the block. But once I turned 18, I began to watch more of them, and loved to watch shows like Laguna Beach, The Hills, Keeping up with the Kardashians and lately Geordie Shore.

I had often wondered about the complete change in preference, one day over coffee with a male friend (T), the subject came up. He also liked these shows and told me they gave him a break from the outside world. That's when I got it, these 'reality' shows allow the viewer to step away from their own reality, to take a break from any issues or complications and get lost in someone else's drama, problems and celebrations. I have found that sometimes the drama on these shows is so extreme and escalates so quickly, that on reflection my own life, for a moment does not seem so chaotic.
They also allow the viewer to have a much needed relax, the storylines are not usually so complex that they need full focused attention, I often watch them when I have had a busy day at work or have had an upsetting day and need to unwind and not really think about anything for awhile.

One of my favourite celebrities is Lauren Conrad, I like that she has had her time as a reality tv personality and then used it in a positive way to create a brand, now releasing books- how tos and novels, use of social media, fashion lines and much more. Her own website provides an option to join up, add/make friends, share creative and fashion tips/likes/advice. 





I know alot of people are embarrased about these type of shows, but I am not. As a human race we like to be involved, to have a look at someone else's life for awhile.. these shows are perfect for that, they show I think a version of someone's reality.
Plus they provide a brilliant source for a guilty pleasure!
Which reality show has you obsessed? Or what guilty pleasures do you have? I will post a link later to my pinterest-I have a board dedicated to them!

Kooklah Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment