The important thing to remember is that it is the journey that counts, not the destination..

"Most of our lives are a series of images, they pass us by like towns on a highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever."-Lucas Eugene Scott [One Tree Hill, Season Three]

My posts will be about life, influenced by all the moments and memories that inspire, challenge and touch me..

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Alone does not mean LONELY...

This is something that very little people realise. Been alone, does not have to mean that you are lacking, that there is something 'wrong' with you, or that you are in fact lonely. It just doesn't.

For me, been fully single again, I am loving it. My decisions pretty much revolve around me. What I want. What I need. What I dream. I don't have to check in.

It is also the best chance for me to really work out what I want out of life, where I see my life going and how I want to spend my time here on earth. But also, to find myself- discover what I like and don't like, what I love, what my dreams are, the experiences I want, the goals I have.

And I have questions.

Is my chosen career really for me? I am not totally sure... I used to be, but now I am not totally sure.
Should I do another degree, or a course?
What kind of place do I want to buy?
What qualities do I look for in a partner? Which of these will I compromise on? Which will be non-negotiable- and therefore highlight dealbreakers?
Who are the people in my life who really matter and treat me like I matter to them?

I will be using this time to sort these questions but also to discover who I am and become the best possible version of that. I want to travel and see the world, I want to express my beliefs and support them publicly, do a good deed everyday, write down three positive things from each day, experiement with hair, makeup, clothes and accessories, and most of all spend time with my friends and family who make my world better.

Kooklah Xx
-here is something to put a smile on a single girl's face

No comments:

Post a Comment